Why I Removed My Dreadlocks
When I decided that I had to let my dreadlocks go I was depressed. It was a life decision I had to make for myself. It's a shame but you are treated different because of your appearance. I wish I could conform people but I can not.
I am not proud or happy with my decision but getting clients and being taken serious happened when the dreadlocks were gone.
How I Removed My Dreadlocks
Be aware that you are combing out hair that has shedded for months or years. This extreme hair loss is harmless and is mostly scary because you think you are going bald. However if your hair has been neglected you will have much more hair loss. But after all you will have your dreads out.
- The first thing I did was to give my hair a deep strengthening treatment and moisturizer every week for a month to rebuild it the best way I could before this timely process.
- The day before my dreadlock removal I shampooed , conditioned and air dried my dreadlocks.
- I used a small tooth tailcomb to begin combing from the very tip working my way up.
- Use your fingertips or two hairpins to pull the dreadlocks apart making the one your working on wider. This will allow the combing to go more smoothly.
- Continue this process all the way up to your scalp. This takes time but after the first few you technique becomes better. It took my three days to complete my whole head (with breaks).
Knotty Boy Emergency Dreadlock Removal Kit can be useful to you.